Fun crafts to make together. For grades K-4, with a caregiver.
Click on a button below to register simultaneously for multiple programs within that age group.
To register for one program only, simply find it on the calendar below and click that link.
Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 5:15pm to 6:00pm
Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 6:15pm to 7:00pm
Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
06:30 PM to 07:30 PMContact: The Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 4
UNFORTUNATELY THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE HOPE TO RESCHEDULE IN FUTURE.
Jay Westerveld will talk about some of our more unique "critters" and ecosystems that make Warwick special and offer tips on how and where residents can go out and see some of Warwick's more interesting and rare wild things!Location:AWPL Community RoomAge Group:Adult, Teen
Friday, April 28, 2023 - 11:15am to 11:45am
Friday, April 28, 2023 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm
01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
This is non-instructional, but an opportunity for experienced adult ukulele players to meet other musicians and make music together! Please bring your own ukuele, music stand, and any music books/sheet music you would like to share with the group. No registration required. Contact Judy at email@example.com with questions.Location:AWPL Community RoomAge Group:Adult
Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 10:30am to 2:30pm
10:30 AM to 02:30 PMContact: Teen Advisor Emily Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen volunteers needed to help with a library-wide Earth Day event! Help hand out tree seedlings and work at craft tables. Register here and you will be contacted with further details.Age Group:Teen
Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 11:00am to 2:00pm
11:00 AM to 02:00 PMContact: The Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 103
Join us throughout the building for a library-wide event with live music, crafts, educational information, and food trucks. This is a celebration for all ages: kids, teens, and adults are welcome and will find something interesting and entertaining!
Starting at 11:00, we will be giving out tree seedlings. Supply is first-come, first-served, while supplies last. Many thanks to Pine Island Turf for donating the soil!
11:00am - Music with Mr. Matt
12:30pm to 2pm - The Uncle Brothers Concert
11am to 2pm - Information, Crafts, Activities, and Food Trucks
Come visit with:
- Bob "The Bee Man" Reynolds - learn more about these busy pollinators.
- Wickham Works - children can make an upcycled craft.
- Orange County Audubon Society - information on conservation.
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum - fun activites for children.
- Friends of the Library - enter a raffle for a chance to win an Earth Day basket! 100% of proceeds will benefit the Library.
- Recycle Coach - learn about the app that makes recycling easier.
- Orange & Rockland - information on sustainable energy options and on how to make your home more energy-efficient.
- Sustainable Warwick - bring your compostable materials (a small bucket) for collection and learn more about composting (fruit and vegetables scraps, coffee grounds and paper filters, crushed eggshells, paper tea bags;; NO meat or dairy products)
- Repair Cafe of Warwick - skilled Repair Cafe volunteers will help with: garden & landscaping tool sharpening (no knives of any sort, please); small electronics repairs; bicycle inspection and tune-ups; tech device repair (computers, laptops, iPads, cell phones); lamp repair with "Lamp Larry"; repair of wooden items; and 2 seamstresses will be available to help mend torn items or stitch up hems.
- Food Trucks - grab a bite to eat with ROAM and Crumm Cakes Cupcakes
In the event of inclement weather, the event will move indoors and be held during the same hours, 11am-2pm.Location:Activity Room, AWPL Community Room, Storytime Room, AWPL Gallery – Lower LevelAge Group:Adult, Teen, Tween, Children
Sunday, April 30, 2023 - 1:00pm to 2:00pm
01:00 PM to 02:00 PMContact: The Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 3Are you interested in spirituality, energy work, forgiveness, NDE's (near death experiences) and other metaphysical topics? Join Kathy Morley for a lively discussion on these topics and more in a safe and welcoming environment.Kathy Morley, author of the book, The Gift: Finding the extraordinary in everyday living is a hypnotist, Reiki Master, Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner, and teacher of metaphysics.Location:AWPL Community RoomAge Group:Adult