News & Events
* Part-time Library Position Open: read here.
* Part-time Children's Department Position Open: read here.
* Hooray for Bollywood (Dancing)! On Friday, August 24 from 7:00pm-9:00pm, please join Rupa outside on the River Birch Patio for Bollywood dancing - a modern dance style from India inspired by Indian movies known for their elaborate musical dance numbers and upbeat music that celebrates life. Have fun learning traditional/modern dance moves, poses, mudras (hand gestures) & expressions to give you an authentic Bollywood dancing experience. And for traditional henna hand painting, come at 6:00pm. In case of rain, program will be held indoors. NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED. This program is part of the AWPL Foundation Summer Concert Series, made possible with a generous gift from Glenn P. & Susan D. Dickes to the AWPL Foundation.
* London Trio & Guest: On Sunday, August 26 at 2:00pm, please join us on the River Birch patio for a return visit of The London Trio in the final concert of the Music from McFarland Summer Concert Series. Featuring the flute, violin and cello plus a guest violist, the Trio will be performing the well-loved Mozart Flute Quartet in D Major and much more, including some musical history to enhance your listening pleasure. NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED. In case of rain, the performance will be held in the Community Room, with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. The Music from McFarland Summer Concert Series has been made possible by the Albert Wisner Public Library Foundation with a special gift from Glenn P. and Susan D. Dickes.
* Birding Programs: Do you love birds and wish to learn more about them? Then please join artist and naturalist Jim Van Gelder for either or both of two programs: first, on Tuesday, September 11 at 6:30pm, Birding Beyond the Backyard, a program for those who enjoy watching birds and want to know more about them, covering basics, along with suggestions on equipment and good local birding spots. Learn your sparrows; understand how to distinguish Downy from Hairy! Register here. Also, on Saturday, September 15 from 9:00am-noon, meet Jim and others at Orange County Audubon's 6 1/2 Station Sanctuary in Goshen for an easy birdwatching field trip. Register here.
* Food for Thought Cookbook Club: our new cooking club is going strong, and if you love browsing through cookbooks and trying new recipes, we hope you will join us! The next gathering is Thursday, September 13 at 6:30pm, and the cookbook selection is Marcus Samuelsson's Red Rooster Cookbook. Copies available at the Library. Please call Siobhan or Kathleen at 986-1047, ext. 5 to register and tell which recipe you will cook. And plan on bringing a friend to enjoy the food with us!
Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:00am to 1:00pm
11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Monday, August 20, 2018 - 1:00pm to 3:30pm
01:00 PM to 03:30 PM
Monday, August 20, 2018 - 6:30pm to 7:45pm
06:30 PM to 07:45 PM