News & Events
* AWPL on Social Media: the Library is now on Instagram! Please follow us! Note AWPL's social media icons in the upper righthand corner of all the website's pages. Join the conversation, however you like!
* Youth Marijuana & Alcohol Use in Warwick: on Thursday, May 16 at 6:00pm, the Warwick Valley Prevention Coalition will host a panel discussion focused on youth marijuana use and underage drinking in our community. Professionals from different sectors of the community will speak on dangers, laws and policies, plus prevention strategies on both topics. After the panel discussion, there will be time for questions and answers from community members. All are encouraged to attend! Please register here.
* Documentary Film: please join us on Friday, May 17 at 7:00pm as we screen Languages Lost and Found: Speaking and Whistling the Mamma Tongue, a documentary by local filmmakers Iris Brooks and Jon H. Davis. The film highlights the role of language in transmitting cultural history and practices around the world. Ms. Brooks and Mr. Davis will facilitate a discussion after the film, using dynamic images and global sounds. Register here today.
* Warwick Cafe Reading Project: this spring, join your community in (re-) reading John Steinbeck's 1962 classic Travels with Charley, Steinbeck's account of a road trip across America with his French poodle. Free copies are at Caffe a la Mode, Tuscan Cafe, Conscious Fork, Noble Pies Cafe and the Edenville General Store. This shared community reading project is sponsored by the Albert Wisner Public Library Foundation.
* 10th Anniversary Family Fun Walk! 2019 marks ten years in AWPL's building, and we are planning a series of fun events to celebrate the occasion. Please join us on an easy, 3k family fun walk through Library grounds and Veterans' Memorial Park on Saturday, June 15th at 9:00am. Refreshments will be served at the end. Rain or shine; no fee to participate. Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult or older teen. Register here or in person on the morning of the walk.
* Artist-in-Residence Program: the Library is delighted to announce the introduction of a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) Artist-in-Residence program this fall. The program is open to all, and information and the application can be found here. The deadline for applications is July 15, 2019. This program is sponsored by a generous gift to the Albert Wisner Public Library Foundation by Glenn P. and Susan D. Dickes.
Monday, May 20, 2019 - 11:00am to 12:30pm
Monday, May 20, 2019 - 1:00pm to 4:30pm
01:00 PM to 04:30 PM
Monday, May 20, 2019 - 1:30pm to 2:15pm
01:30 PM to 02:15 PM